Thursday, May 12, 2011

Moonsorrow-Kivenkantaja my thoughts



I decided for this album not to do a formal review but instead to just write about how much I love this album. Moonsorrow is one of those bands I discovered by looking at random metal reviews and surfing on the metal archives. I saw that this album was highly loved by almost everyone who reviewed it so I decided to give it a listen. It has become one of my favorites. It has this massive sound to it because of all the instruments that are used. Moonsorrow create some of the greatest triumphant pagan atmospheres of any folk metal band I've heard, their mesh of folk and black metal is flawless. They have a perfect blend of all the instruments they use and this gives it a really (should I say it, yeah, I should) epic feel, this epic feeling permeates the entire album until things finally come to a tranquil close with the last track Matkan Lapussa, which is just a really peaceful sounding song, almost like a lullaby. I have heard other Moonsorrow albums and I like them all, but something about this album just stands a cut above the rest. If this were a formal review 98% would be my rating.

1 comment:

  1. I just noticed the runes on the art are just the band name and album title. I know Rune-Fu

    ReplyDelete